Shaun specialises in commercial law, with a particular focus in the areas of professional negligence, insolvency and partnership disputes.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Shaun practiced as a solicitor at Arnold Bloch Leibler in the litigation and dispute resolution practice group. As a solicitor, Shaun acted for directors, auditors and corporate advisors in several large-scale Supreme Court proceedings. He also acted for listed companies, corporate advisory firms, insolvency practitioners, family businesses and high-net-worth individuals in various jurisdictions.
Shaun has a particular interest in resolving disputes relating to accounting, auditing and finance issues. He also has experience advising clients in relation to claims for breach of contract, tort and Australian Consumer Law, family business disputes, regulatory investigations and estates disputes. Shaun has also advised liquidators and administrators in relation to selling company assets, conducting public examinations and commencing proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
He graduated from Deakin University with a Bachelor of Laws (with honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction).
Shaun is reading with Nicholas De Young, and his senior mentor is Philip Crutchfield QC.
Some of his recent matters as a solicitor include:
- Rogers v Rogers Young & Ors  WASC 208
- Imbardelli & Imbardelli and Anor  FamCA 452
- Complete Print Solutions Pty Ltd (in liquidation) v Officemax Australia Ltd  VSC 246
- Willmott Forests Ltd (Receivers & Managers appointed) (In Liq) v Armstrong Dubois Pty Ltd  VSC 61
- Australian Property Custodian Holdings (in liq) v Pitcher Partners & Ors  VSC 513
- Re Carson (in their capacities as joint and several liquidators of Willmott Forests Ltd) (recs and mgrs apptd) (in liq)  VSC 251
- The Public Trustee as Executor of the Will of Cecily Patricia Lindsey (Dec) v Australian Conservation Foundation  WASC 29
- Bill Express Ltd (in liq) v Pitcher Partners & Ors  VSC 482
- Re Gunns Plantations Limited (In Liquidation) (Receivers & Managers Appointed) (No 4)  VSC 369
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 9225 7971
Chambers: Room 1221
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
International Commercial Arbitration
White Collar and Corporate Crime
Wills and Probate
Employment Contracts and Restraint of Trade
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
23 Apr 2013
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
26 Oct 2016
LLB (Hons), BCom (Deakin)
Also Entitled to Practise in
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia